Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Nail Files.


Whilst reading my masses of magazines (due to my addiction) this month, I have noticed articles and pics here and there of patterned nails. Since I have an obsession with nail polish (and possess almost every colour under the sun) I couldn't wait to find out more about this cool new trend (actually, to be really honest I still cant decide if they are funky and stylish or really tacky).

I went to the local Priceline store (I have to admit my love for Priceline, slightly embarrassing I know!) and hunted down the nail section. Seeing as I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for it took me a while but I eventually found them at the Sally Hansen stand. Amongst the very tacky glitter pink, even more tacky pink camouflage and tackier still flower pattern, I managed to find a few prints I thought could be okay. At $14.95 for a set, why not have some fun. 

Application is really easy, they are actually just like stickers. I made sure my nails were all filed short and the same length (Short is definitely the key to avoid looking like fake, tacky nails). The instructions in the pack are very clear and even my nine year old cousin would be able to follow them. 

On the box it says they should last for about ten days but I have already had a couple chip after three days. They can be taken off with nail polish and the best part is that there is no drying time!




1 comment: