Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Singapore Fun House Project.

 I was so excited when a couple of months ago, while having coffee with my Mum and one of her closest friends, I was presented with the most fantastic opportunity. To design and decorate a bedroom in a condo in Singapore! Having only recently moved to Singapore (from Hong Kong) and being a working Mum, Christine enlisted my help. She was unable to make it to my Mum's 50th high tea but after seeing the photos of my styling and organisation she believed that I was the right person for the job.

It was an experience I could not turn down! Two gorgeous young girls, one bedroom, three favourite colours (lime, lilac and turquoise) and an animal theme were the directions I was given.

About a month later I arrived in Singapore. Drill, handmade lampshades and sheets in hand ready to work my magic. I brought as much as I could in Perth, sacrificing my wedge heels and accessories collection to fit my hammer and photo frames in my suitcases. After seeing how glamorous Christine looked each day, I seriously regretted my choice! However, I was there to be the interior designer so my wardrobe fitted the brief.

With the help of Chrissie and Razak (the family's driver) we found the equivalent of 'Bunnings', Nippon Paint which somehow stocked every colour of Dulux paint I needed. We also located Spotlight and IKEA (I ended up visiting both most days) which had everything else I needed.

Before I reveal my photos of the finished room I must share my before pics along with some of the fun I had along the way!

The adorable Qiqi, welcoming me on my first day in Singapore.

Some before photos of the bedroom, including Qiqi!



 Nippon Paint (Singapore's equivalent of Bunnings.) Check out the shop owner in the background of the bottom photo!


Stocking up on supplies at Spotlight in Plaza Singapura.

 Playing dress ups with one of Christine's many pairs of designer heels. These are her favourite Laboutins that she wore on her birthday this year in Shanghai!

 Dinner at Ku De Ta and checking out the view from the top of the Marina Bay Sands. Absolutely amazing!



And finally.....The room reveal!















I am so lucky to have had such an amazing experience in Singapore. I can't wait to get back there to see the family again and to do some more shopping!

To view more of my photos go to my Facebook page for EllaCourtneyStyle.

Ella xx






No comments:

Post a Comment